Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye!
This is the official announcement for the Hunter's Red October tournament to be held on Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 10:00am to 4:00pm in Purcellville, Virginia. For those in the Northern Virginia area and are interested in participating, please submit your army lists in comments. Unlike the TMAT tournament in March, this tournament is an experimental tournament with new rules that could be used in the next TMAT tournament. As such, we're going to try some of the new rules provided in the new sourcebooks (and if things end up being skewed in one army's favor more than the other...well, it's a red October - what did you expect?). The tournament is free and the rules for the tournament are provided below:
1) Thou Shalt Not Cross The Lines: all army lists will have a cap of 600 points with a .5% grace limit and a maximum of 75 units in the army. The army list must comply with the warband rules and unit lists from the new sourcebooks and the army leader for the army list must be identified.
2) Thy Friends Shall Be Few: no more than ONE allied contingent may be included in the army list and it must comply with both the warband rules and the traditional constraints of the Strategy Battle Game (bow limit, etc.).
3) Thou Shalt Submit Thy Force In Writing: army lists must be submitted before the day of the tournament, preferably in comments to this announcement.
4) Thou Shalt Keep Thy Word: after registration on the day of the tournament, the army lists (including equipment for units, who is the army leader, etc.) cannot be changed.
5) Thou Shalt Fight Thrice: three rounds of games will be played between an army of Good and an army of Evil, with players bringing either an army of Good or an army of Evil depending on how many of each army type are provided in comments. If too many armies of Good or Evil are submitted, the participant to submit his army lists last will change his army list unless other arrangements are made by the participant.
6) Thou Shalt Fight And Fight On: the scenarios to be played will be pre-determined on pre-set game boards measuring 48" by 48". The missions will be Domination, Hold Ground, and To The Death (with other scenarios chosen based on how many players are registered and will be selected in the following order: Lords of Battle, Reconnoiter, The High Ground). Deployment will be performed as described in the new sourcebooks, with the exception that the maximum distance from the board edge allowed in the To The Death and Domination missions is 18" instead of 24".
7) Thou Shalt Mind The Time: each round will have a 75 minute time limit. If the time expires before the victory conditions are obtained, the game ends at the end of the current turn. Points are tallied per the scenario rules in the new sourcebooks with the following exception: 0 victory points will be awarded for wounding the enemy army leader and 1 victory point will be awarded if the enemy Army Leader is killed.
8) Thou Shalt Have A Brief Respite: between each round will be 15 minutes of down-time to be spent moving your army to the next board, finishing an interrupted turn of the previous round, and refreshing as necessary. There will also be a 60-minute break for lunch at 11:45am.
9) Thou Shalt Find Agreement With Thy Fellows: if two players cannot resolve a rules question in their game, a red flag will be thrown: the round timer will be stopped and the other players will decide the result of the rules dispute. The decision of the other participants will be final.
10) Thou Shalt Not Spoil The Day: rules for common courtesy, good sportsmanship, and all-around fun will be upheld during this tournament. Failure to comply with these rules could result in subtracting victory points, awarding a loss, or ejection from the tournament based on the seriousness of the offense.
Looking forward to the tournament and seeing what army lists are provided in comments!